FeneVision LineScanner is a high-speed, high-resolution and proven solution that will help you consistently find a high percentage of glass defects and regain the confidence of your customers. It’s a new and affordable solution.
Powered by Austrian engineering firm Softsolution, FeneVision LineScanner scans at a resolution up to 400 dots-per-inch at production speeds as fast as 50 meters per minute. It can output to a standalone display station or be integrated with your current ERP or other production system.
FeneVision LineScanner is the practical glass quality system
Glass defects discovered after fabrication require remakes and can delay the shipping of complete orders. Glass defects discovered in delivered and installed units? These upset customers and require even costlier remedies.
Both damage your bottom line and the reputation of your business.
While the cost of quality issues is high, the available solutions have been unsatisfactory. Human inspection of lites and insulated glass has proven inconsistent. It is time consuming and labor intensive. And the additional handling introduces its own opportunities for damage.
Automated scanning required installation of sensor technology too costly and inaccurate for nearly all window and door makers and glass fabricators. Until now.
LineScanner measurement, surface quality, and defect detection enable you to
- Verify production sequence and interface with downstream equipment.
- Detect inclusions, scratches, finger prints, stains, chips and more.
- Provide notice to the operator of a defect.
Scan lites and IG
Find contamination, damage and body faults on all surfaces of lites and IG with transmittance of 5 to 95%.
Scan at production speed
LineScanner is accurate at speeds up to 50 meters per minute or about 9,800 feet per hour.
Measure outside and inside contours
Verify unit size and shape and all inside fabrications to enable downline automation.
LineScanner is highly customizable to your needs
- It can be mounted vertically or horizontally in lengths up to three and a half meters (3.4m).
- It can be standalone or integrated with your glass fabrication or window and door ERP.
- Tolerance and display settings are user configurable.
- LineScanner can be used anywhere in your operation—beginning, middle or end. As little as a 2.75 inch (70mm) clearance is required for installation.
LineScanner detects anisotropy
One way to eveluate the level of anisotropy is to use a quality inspection system directly after the heat treating process. That’s where the FeneVision LineScanner comes in. Now you can check anisotropy and edge stress in addition to geometry, surface quality, and DMC codes. Softsolution®, the Austrian engineering company that powers the FeneVision LineScanner, has created this amazing development that provides a visual and non-destructive tempering quality check.
LineScanner now detects defects on a tempering furnace
The available checks on a tempering furnace include
- Anisotropy / Isotropy
- Edge Stress
- Surface Quality
- DMC Check
- Dimension check of overall size, cutouts, drill hole position, and diameter
Follow this link to download the LineScanner brochure.